Hello, thought you might enjoy to hear my day in lists. Ming took this super cute picture of Beatrice the other day with her tongue out.
songs I sang to the goats this morning during milking
Here are the songs, in order!
- Love Will Build a Bridge by the Judds
- All We Got Is Each Other by Ghost Mice
- The Good Life by Paul Baribeau (extra emphasis on the goat verse)
- Critical Hit by Ghost Mice
It was a good milking. Beatrice gave almost a quart and a half.
I wish I sang the Paul Baribeau version.
But I sang the Ghost Mice cover. The tune is different.
Ghost Mice is a band I loved a long time ago, and their music is part of my soul. Unfortunately, the man who dominated it–turns out he’s a sexual predator. But the songs are still here.
foods I ate today
- oatmeal with peanut butter and molasses
- rice and beans with coconut milk, chiles, tomatoes, carrots from this farm
- two Asian pears sliced up
- local coho salmon
- rice with Earth Balance and salt
- more of the lunch rice and beans heated up on the stove with olive oil
- gluten free crackers with cashew cheese
- gluten free pumpkin spice cookies
I’m not a real vegetarian anymore, since my ulcer bleed three and a half years ago that almost killed me and left me very anemic. When I got home from the hospital barely functional, I tried eating fish, hated it, stopped, and started again. I was desperate for iron, energy, and functionality.
Many people guess or assume that Ming and I are vegan, maybe since I used to be, I’ve made vegan cookzines, and we love vegan food? But nope–not even a real vegetarian. I have fish, shrimp, and eggs. But I still don’t eat other animals including mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, spiders, insects.
I’m working on a blog post about what I learned from my years being vegan. It feels vulnerable to talk about, so I’m waiting to post it. Waiting until I feel strong.
clothes I wore today
- black knit skort
- black knit tank top with lace edge
- silver cloth for the place between my abdomen and mons
- forest green Teva sandals I wear I just about daily
- snake necklace
- colorful knit hair scrunchie
What do you think of these lists? Here’s Ming reading a previous blog post, looking beautifully serious in the trailer we call home.