Here are some day ideas, if you need new things to do.
- sing a lot
- nature visit
- try a new food
- hear a language you don’t know
- learn a home ec thing
- learn a history thing
- dance for hours–ecstatic dance
- do a ritual
- art project outside your norm
- write a letter
- learn a science thing
- play a musical instrument
- phone a relative or who you wish was your relative
- phone a friend
- spring cleaning
- make a lot of noise
- read poetry / write poetry
- don’t speak
- make a zine about your neighborhood
- clean out a closet or cupboard–find something lost
- make plans, visioning
- photograph plants
- make a new holiday
- give flowers to a stranger or halfway house
- visit a new place of worship
- draw trash
- rearrange furniture
- hear new music
- wear clothes you haven’t worn in a long time and see how you feel
- play with rocks and twigs in a dry riverbed until you lose time
I have a few questions also. Let me know if you know the answers.
- What should I do with the art I’m making?
- What new-new thing should I learn?
- How do I honor my ancestors?
- How can I make all these zines I create worth the effort? Or I suppose–how do I get them to people who would enjoy them?
- What am I forgetting that I need to remember?
Those are some ideas I’ve been having lately. Ming bought me a new chromebook, but there’s a speaker issue. I can’t handle that occasional crackle. I’m an audiophile, I guess. Feeling snobby, asking him to return it.
I do like the speed, the way the keyboard keys still have letters on them, the way I can post to the Las Vegas Radical Mental Health Collective facebook page without it crashing. That old one has cool stickers on it but is all quirk. Quirk heavy.
Hey, that could be my new graffiti artist name. Hahahaha. I should keep a list of those.