- When the kirtan singer does something too complicated, and the audience can’t accurately copy it. I listen to their sweet struggle and smile. Is that mean? I don’t mean it mean. I’ve been there!
- I eat raw garlic on my food whenever I want, because it’s covid, and no one is smelling my breath except Ming, who doesn’t mind raw garlic. It’s medicinal!
- This cool purple spiral paper I keep using as covers for little books I make to write letters in, bought from Artnoose many years ago, at a zinefest.
- Discovering new condiments. Beans are so nice with butter, and tahini is great too. Now I tried cream cheese in beans also and must say–so delicious! Cream cheese and black pepper go together really good…
- Ming bought me a new chomebook at Costco. Haven’t set it up yet. I’m wrestling with using the recently downloaded materials before switching.
- The bag of eight beautiful apples I pulled from the free box. It’s like dumpster diving but I don’t need to be agile and there’s no sludge. Free is my favorite flavor.
I tried some red lentil pasta–made pesto, read the directions on the pasts box. Ming bought it–four dollars for half a pound. Wow. It’s red lentils with some quinoa flour also.
Cooked it up properly, tried a bite plain–wow! So terrible! Wow, what is that? Yuck!
But then I tried a little bit with pesto on it, and I warmed up to it! As long as I recognized–this is a new thing. This will not be wheat pasta. I felt better. I had to meet it on its own terms. Lots of life is like that, I suppose.
Still think it’s way too expensive, exploiting the pains of non-wheat-eaters who long for a pasta experience. Oh, capitalism. Damn you, for your extortion and advantage-taking. The spelt stuff is better, but I can’t find the cheap kind I had before, online.